Personal Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2008

MY Kitchen Practicum

HAVE not been blogging this few months as i'm busy in the kitchen practicum..
My first 5 weeks of Kitchen Practicum is at Charcoal. The chef in-charge are Chef soon, Chef William and Chef Thong. During the first week, we are told to get ourselves familiarize with the places, knowing where are all the thing put. My station for the first week is Entremetier. This station involve cooking the starch and the vegetable for the set and a-la-crate meals. My stations for the second week is Portager. In this station, we have to heat up the soup whenever we starts. As the soup that we served are think, the chef taught me a way to took care of the soup as think soup burnt easily. After which, the chef also taught me how to serve the soup carefully so as not to dirty the sides. My station for the third week is abouyer. This station may seems the easier job among all, but i also have to learn how to control the speed of the orders, how to place the order so that i will not mix up with the meal is ready to pick up. Sometimes i will get mix up when the service staff's manager come in and mess up my station by putting the order paper in his order. One if the days, one of the classmates wanted to change shift with me as he want to do EC. That day, i took over his station for Garde marger. On that day, i have to know the garde marger station as i know that i'm poor at salad and i'm afraid that i cannot handle when a lot of orders come. Luckily, one of my classmates Jane comes and help me. My forth station is Staff meal. This worry me as i'm not a good cook and i'm worry that the service staff and chefs don't not like the food that i prepare, so i seek help from my classmates. Sad to say that only a few of my classmates is willing to help me, like Edwin, Saiful, etc. The others don't even want to help me whenever i approach them. I am kind of disappointed with those who does not help me when i need help. Finally, the other group from A class come and join us in the kitchen. I took care of the Portager station, guiding them throughout this week, sharing with them what i have learn from this restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home