Personal Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kitchen Practicum

My next 6 weeks if Kitchen Practicum is at Rosette. The Chefs in-charge are Chef Ganesan and Chef Wong. In afternoon shift, all we need to do is to prepare for the dinner set. The covers for the night is very less and we have nothing to do in Rosette. As for the morning shift, we have to prepare for the breakfast the moment that we step into the kitchen. After breakfast, we have to prepare for the lunch set. For the morning shift, at least we have something to do then the afternoon shift. Overall in Rosette, I did not learn as many things as what I learn in Charcoal.

My EC is held in Rosette at our 5th and 6th week. I play a part in cutting mise-en- place for them and filleting the sea-bass and during the service time, I help them to pass the food to the service staff for pick-up. These six days are quite busy as we hit 557 paxs. Throughout this 13 weeks, I find that everyone in the kitchen is important, be it your roles is Garde Marger, mise-en- place, Portager, Grillers, Entremetier, Saucier or Abouyer. Without the help of everyone, we won’t be able to present the dish to the guest on time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home